Congratulations to Tanny aka @honeylockheart for winning two tickets to the Avengers: Endgame benefit blockscreening event on April 28 at Glorietta, Cinema, Makati City!
Special thanks to Our Makati for supporting this giveaway! Until the next one! 😊
Two thousand nine hundred plus (2,900+) unique blog visitors and 130+ amazing Instagram friends and counting, marked B = Happiness’ first month since getting published last Thursday, April 4 (Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Would have been ecstatic with 100 views, honestly. But please keep coming back and sharing this space and your stories—will launch a newsletter real soon so we can get in touch more easily and more often! I promise I won’t spam you. 😁). And what better way to celebrate it than to hold a giveaway?
I’M KIDDING! Marvel has no idea about this giveaway. 😂
A former colleague of mine, Rose Raguindin, and her group of adventure-seeking and kindhearted friends, who travel and serve the community through volunteer activities for underprivileged students in the Philippines, organized a benefit block screening event of Avengers: Endgame on Sunday, April 28, 2019, 5:30pm Manila time, at Glorietta 4, Cinema 4, Ayala Center, Makati City. Their chosen beneficiary for this year is Dibut Elementary School in San Luis, Aurora, Philippines.
Last year, their group of 21 volunteers brought boxes of school supplies, slippers, and toys to children of Brgy. Gaswiling in Kapangan, Benguet. Read more about them and their activities here. They’re a “small operation,” really, which was the primary reason I chose this as the giveaway instead of having essential oils or other organic products up for grabs. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Tickets are already sold out (thank you, benevolent cinema-goers!) and were at P500 or USD10 each. Proceeds will be used for their annual back-to-school outreach program to be held next month, May 2019 (compute just how small their “profit margin” for this activity was—they want donors to enjoy the movie at an affordable price while knowing they’re giving something back to the community). I had the privilege to buy two tickets (yes, I purchased them and didn’t ask for free tickets, of course!), which I am giving away to ONE lucky reader, see MECHANICS below.
But, wait, there’s more (cue home TV shopping background music 😂)! Just because the tickets are already sold out, it does not mean you can’t help the schoolchildren in Aurora. Should you not win this giveaway, you may still head to the cinema (see SCREENING below for specifics) and give donations in kind. Papers, pencils, and raincoats (to help protect these school children in time for the rainy season!) for children ages 6 to 12 years old are most welcome (please limit your donations to these items only).
For readers outside Manila (within the Philippines or abroad), you may participate in three ways (or more, if you’re that imaginative!):
- Enter the contest and give away the tickets to your Manila friends. E-tickets will be provided (Hoorah for paperless transaction and for helping save the Earth one paper at a time! 😍).
- Send donations in kind (papers, pencils, and raincoats for children ages 6 to 12 years old, only, please). Direct message me or Rose on Instagram to coordinate shipping details.
- Contribute in cash. Payments/ donations should only be made through Rose Raguindin and nine of her co-organizers (Jeg Lee, Ice Mendoza, Marlon Deloverges, Rose May Y. Cabacang, David Katalbas, Karla Garcia, Bernard Young, Grace Sun, and Joseph Lopez). Read more about them in their Facebook event page. Please note I WILL NOT accept any cash donations.
Remember: “No amount is too small.” I’m pretty sure I read that somewhere.
Phew! What a long “intro!” Now onto the mechanics and other important details. Please read below.
Enter this giveaway and win two cinema tickets for Avengers: Endgame—see SCREENING below for specifics.
- To join the contest via this blog, just comment with your name and input your valid email address (don’t worry, I won’t publish your email address!). Only one entry per email address will qualify. If you want to have more entries, you better use a different valid email address each time. Deadline is at 11:00pm Manila time on Monday, April 22. To learn more about how the winner will be chosen and announced, see ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER below.
- To join the contest via Instagram, follow B = Happiness, like the giveaway post, and tag three of your friends as a comment. More entries (aka more comments with tagged friends), more chances of winning!
- To make this more fun, indicate who your favorite Avengers character/s is/are in your entry. Mine are: Hulk (because he doesn’t give a f**k—wait, that rhymes! 😂) and Groot (because isn’t he cute? Notice what I did there, huh?). Yeah, I have a thing for weird-looking characters. 😂
Two cinema tickets are for Avengers: Endgame movie on Sunday, April 28, 2019, 5:30pm Manila time, at Glorietta 4, Cinema 4, Ayala Center, Makati City, ONLY. They cannot be exchanged with a different theater, movie, or screen time.
If you’re donating in kind in person (whether you’re watching the movie or not), please be at the cinema 30 minutes before screen time (so that’s at 5:00pm Manila time) and hand over your donations to Rose Raguindin.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER
Only ONE winner will receive the two Avengers: Endgame cinema tickets (see SCREENING above for specifics, in case you’re like me who scrolls down at the bottom of a blog post because you have short attention span 😂). Qualified entries will be randomized via Random.org’s List Randomizer to assign a number for each entry. Then, a winning number will be chosen via the True Random Number Generator. Will video record and post on Instagram stories for proof!
The winner will be announced on Wednesday, April 24 at Instagram (can’t specify what time because it will depend on our son’s mood if he would allow me to sit and write for a long time just like this instance. Haha! Also, please give me a whole day to validate entries and randomize the list).
CLAIMING OF E-TICKET
The winner will receive the two e-tickets via email, which need to be presented (best not to print it and just show the email to the cinema attendant upon entry to save on paper) at the cinema.
TIP: Don’t post the e-ticket on social media until you’re INSIDE the theater already! Just sayin’.
Go ahead—comment your entries below or on Instagram! Getting free movie tickets (to an awesome movie, by the way) and helping underprivileged schoolchildren at the same time? If that’s not fun, I don’t know what is. Here’s to the first of many giving giveaways we’ll hold regularly! Thank you very much!