image Jared Rice via Unsplash
I have a love-hate relationship with yoga. Whenever I would be in the zone, I would practice every single day—even going as far as hiring a yoga teacher or squeezing in a group yoga class despite my hectic schedule. That’s the “love” part. The “hate” part is whenever I would feel too lazy to practice, especially at home. Primarily because back then our #BigBoyJesse would always invade my evening yoga sessions at home.
But I know it’s just an excuse. I realized that I enjoy doing yoga with a group or at least with one more person, similar to working out—it’s more fun doing it with someone.
So, I proposed to my #YLPHJumpstart2021 #TeamHustleandMuscleYL to practice yoga daily before our Fitness First workout. And they all agreed. I was so happy! Days before our fitness program started, I thought of opening our yoga sessions to the public so that more people would learn how easy it is to incorporate yoga into everyday living.
The reception was amazing! And after the initial seven sessions of Easy Yoga for Complete Beginners, I am opening our six sessions of Yoga Basics for Beginners I to the public. All for FREE, no strings attached.
Why free? First of all, I am not the one teaching the class as I am not a yoga teacher. At least not yet, for to be one, minimum 200 hours or 12,000 minutes of consistent practice will be required. I stream my paid Daily Yoga app to share this lifestyle with more people. Feel free to download a free version and upgrade when convenient—that’s just what I did, I finished all the free courses and wanted to access more. You can download here—nope, this isn’t a referral link, it’s just fun to see who among my friends have embraced yoga. But I am thinking of accepting donations later on which will go to causes I support. More on that next time.
I also remember how measly our yoga teachers used to charge us because they learned in yoga school about the practice of seva or selfless service. More than a decade ago, when I still wrote for a lifestyle magazine, our then senior writer shared with us the yoga studio she featured which only charged P50 per person per class and even served a spread of vegan food to all attendees. They said they aimed to instill that yoga should be free for all. The teachers and students also wore baggy clothes and didn’t don the social media influencer fashion of today. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.
To conclude this blog post, I will regularly update this page to reflect our free yoga for all sessions available via Zoom. More details about our free upcoming yoga classes can be found below. Namaste!
How about you? Have you ever practiced yoga? Why or why not? Will you join our yoga session? I would love to see you! If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to post below, below, send me a note at email@example.com, or comment/ DM me at @titaabbie on Instagram. Thank you!
BEGINNER FULL BODY FLEXIBILITY YOGA
(6am Manila time all six sessions. Check time zone converter here.)
Our FREE yoga for all sessions are back! Thank you all so much for joining our past runs. Let’s continue learning the basics in yoga.
Not flexible? Follow along this series to help increase flexibility. It starts from easy poses to stretch the whole body and then focuses on the hip, shoulder, spinal, and leg flexibility. Keep practicing and you will make progress.
Hop on your mat and continue to build the foundation of your own yoga practice with energy and joy (plus essential oils, of course!). Let’s make yoga our daily habit!
- Increase full body flexibility for beginners
- Relax body tension and stress
- Prevent from neck pain and lower back pain
- June 10, Thursday – Full Body Easy Stretches + What is Yoga (18 mins | 51 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/2aFrbOcpj
- June 15, Tuesday – Beginner Hip Flexibility + Yoga and the Breath (19 mins | 54 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/2n1ypwlro
- June 17, Thursday – Beginner Shoulder Flexibility + Do’s and Don’ts of Yoga (17 mins | 49 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/2meAq9bBW
- June 22, Tuesday – Beginner Spinal Flexibility + Types of Yoga (14 mins | 40 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/1gUemWHM6
- June 24, Thursday – Beginner Anterior Body Flexibility + Yoga Diet (13 mins | 37 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/1KCq02H5R
- June 29, Tuesday – Beginner Full Body Flexibility Yoga + Yoga Myths + Meditation & Relaxation (16 mins | 46 Kcal)
Confirm your attendance and save event in your calendar: https://fb.me/e/1qkZXLLHu
Join Zoom Meeting
MEETING ID: 921 2055 3223
A few reminders:
- Please be on time, dial in five minutes before 6am to avoid delay. We will do our best to start at exactly 6am.
- These are “bite-size” yoga sessions to help beginners transition to a regular practice, hence they only run anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes.
- Sometimes we run a replay for the benefit of those who come in late and would like to start from the beginning of the session.
- I am not a yoga teacher (at least not yet 😉, for to be one, minimum 200 hours or 12,000 minutes of consistent practice will be required), so I am not the one who teaches in these sessions. I stream my paid Daily Yoga app to share this lifestyle with more people (feel free to download a free version and upgrade when convenient—that’s just what I did, I finished all the free courses and wanted to access more. You can download here—nope, this isn’t a referral link, it’s just fun to see who among my friends have embraced yoga 😊).
- Enjoy it! It’s great to get balanced physically and mentally through yoga practice.
- We do practice DAILY but we only hop onto Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays. After every session, we remind about the next session. There are times we also stream HIIT sessions by Emi Wong and conclude with another yoga practice. It’s fun!